Mitchell Families Online

genealogy of my mitchell families - and a lot more besides!

Photos


Tree:  

Matches 401 to 500 of 596     » Thumbnails Only    » Slide Show

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
401
RAVEN, Percy Henry (1909-1971)
RAVEN, Percy Henry (1909-1971)
Percy in 1969. 
 
402
RAVEN, Robert Henry (aka., Harry) (1906-1980)
RAVEN, Robert Henry (aka., Harry) (1906-1980)
 
 
403
Reformatory Ship, T.S. 'Cornwall'
Reformatory Ship, T.S. "Cornwall"
HMS Wellesley (second Training Ship 'Cornwall') was built by the East India Company at Bombay and launched on 24th February 1815 as a 3rd rate 72 gun ship. She was built of teak and cost £55,147. Her dimensions were 175.10 ft x 48.4 ft.

She saw active service in the Far East on several occasions and was for a time Flag Ship of Rear-Admiral Sir Frederick Lewis-Maitland. When she returned from this service, some 27 cannon balls were found embedded in her sides.

She was loaned to the School Ship Society by the Admiralty in 1868, and fitted as a training ship, was re-named 'Cornwall' to be moored off Purfleet in April of that year. Owing to industrial development at Purfleet, she was moved to Denton, below Gravesend in 1928.

In 1940 she was severely damaged by enemy action and subsequently sank; she was raised in 1948, and beached at Tilbury-Ness, where she was broken up. Her timbers were found to be still in good condition and were used in the rebuilding of the Law Courts in London.

When the Cornwall was broken up, her figurehead was taken to Chatham Dockyard, where it still stands, just inside the Main Gate under her original name of Wellesley. Many souvenirs were made from her timber, such as ashtrays, candlesticks, serviette rings etc, each with a metal plate giving details of the ship. These can now be found in maritime antique shops and fairs. 
 
404
Retford Hall, Darling Point, Sydney, NSW
Retford Hall, Darling Point, Sydney, NSW
This photograph was taken c.1958. The house is still in the Hordern family and remains so until 1967. 
 
405
Retford Hall, Darling Point, Sydney, NSW.
Retford Hall, Darling Point, Sydney, NSW.
Commissioned by Anthony Hordern II, Retford Hall was named after his mother 
 
406
RHYMES Bros: (L to R) Percy, George and Thomas John, aka Jack (front, sitting)
RHYMES Bros: (L to R) Percy, George and Thomas John, aka Jack (front, sitting)
 
 
407
RHYMES, Thomas Henry
RHYMES, Thomas Henry
 
 
408
RHYMES, Thomas John
RHYMES, Thomas John
 
 
409
RHYMES, Winifred
RHYMES, Winifred
 
 
410
RICE, Richard (1915-2005)
RICE, Richard (1915-2005)
 
 
411
RICE, Richard Austin
RICE, Richard Austin
 
 
412
RIDLEY, Mary Beatrice 1855-1935
RIDLEY, Mary Beatrice 1855-1935
 
 
413
ROBERTS family c.1920
ROBERTS family c.1920
This photograph of the Roberts Family was taken around 1920 and is of (left to Right), William Montague; Alice Winifred; Alice Louise [nee Cox]; and Ivor Montague 
 
414
ROBERTS, Alice Winifred and Ivor Montague
ROBERTS, Alice Winifred and Ivor Montague
 
 
415
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
416
ROSE, Henrietta (1778-1853)
ROSE, Henrietta (1778-1853)
 
 
417
ROULSTON, Annie Isabel (1856-1930)
ROULSTON, Annie Isabel (1856-1930)
 
 
418
Saint Mary's Church, Walthamstow, London in 1903
Saint Mary's Church, Walthamstow, London in 1903
 
 
419
SANDERS (née SKEVING), Mary Ann with son Christopher
SANDERS (née SKEVING), Mary Ann with son Christopher
 
 
420
SANDERS, William
SANDERS, William
 
 
421
SCALES, Henry John
SCALES, Henry John
Henry as a child 
 
422
Shady Rest Cemetery, Holly Hill, Florida, USA
Shady Rest Cemetery, Holly Hill, Florida, USA
 
 
423
SHEAHAN, Campbell (1912-1965)
SHEAHAN, Campbell (1912-1965)
 
 
424
SHEAHAN, Cordula [aka, 'Kay'] (1916-1996)
SHEAHAN, Cordula [aka, "Kay"] (1916-1996)
 
 
425
SHEAHAN, Desmond (1923-1985)
SHEAHAN, Desmond (1923-1985)
 
 
426
SHEAHAN, John (1881-1954)
SHEAHAN, John (1881-1954)
 
 
427
SHEAHAN, Ursula Mary Frances (1910-2004)
SHEAHAN, Ursula Mary Frances (1910-2004)
 
 
428
Sheering Hall, Nr. Harlow, Essex, England
Sheering Hall, Nr. Harlow, Essex, England
A listed Grade II building since 1952, The house is currently (Jan 2014) owned by Steve Harris of the heavy metal band, 'Iron Maiden'. It was put on the market for sale at £5.85M. This was both the home and workplace for William and Mai Breakspear in the 1911 census. 
 
429
SHIPMAN, Barry (1912-1994)
SHIPMAN, Barry (1912-1994)
 
 
430
SIMPSON, Charles Edward (1874-1947)
SIMPSON, Charles Edward (1874-1947)
 
 
431
SIMPSON, Emily Ellen (1907-2007)
SIMPSON, Emily Ellen (1907-2007)
 
 
432
Sinking of HMS Indefatigable
Sinking of HMS Indefatigable
This photograph, the only one in existence that I have found, was probably taken from an enemy ship recording their succeses of the day. Although of poor quality, she can clearly be seen on fire about to disappear below the waves on 31 May 1916. Of the 1017 crew, there were only 2 survivors. 
 
433
SINNET, Alfred Percy
SINNET, Alfred Percy
 
 
434
SINNETT (née EDENSON), Patience
SINNETT (née EDENSON), Patience
 
 
435
Sledmere House, Nr Driffield, Yorkshire
Sledmere House, Nr Driffield, Yorkshire
One of Yorkshire's premier stately homes, Sledmore House was built in 1751 by Sir Christopher Sykes, the 2nd Baronet. Joseph Rose, the celebrated plasterer of his time, was employed to decorate the interior and it was said, produced the best work of his career.
The house is set in parkland laid out by 'Capability' Brown and includes a beautiful walled rose garden and the recently added Knot garden.
The house interior features a magnificent staircase hallway which reverberates regularly to the music of a 51-stop pipe organ.
Currently occupied by Sir Tatton Sykes, the 8th Baronet, the house is one of a declining number of our stately homes with that 'lived-in' atmosphere and warmth. 
 
436
SLEIGHTHOLME Leonard and DODIMEAD Amy Martha Jane: Marriage 19180207
SLEIGHTHOLME Leonard and DODIMEAD Amy Martha Jane: Marriage 19180207
 
 
437
SLOMAN, George and spouse, SMITH, Mary Jane
SLOMAN, George and spouse, SMITH, Mary Jane
Photograph taken around 1900. 
 
438
SMITH, Frank (1909)
SMITH, Frank (1909)
This photograph of Frank was probably taken around 1935 when he was around 16 years of age. 
 
439
SMITH, Herbert with spouse ATTEWELL, Elizabeth Jane.
SMITH, Herbert with spouse ATTEWELL, Elizabeth Jane.
Looking at the uniform, this photo may have been taken around the time of WW1 
 
440
SNAREY, Emma
SNAREY, Emma
 
 
441
SNELL, Henry Raglan and son Jack
SNELL, Henry Raglan and son Jack
This photograh has Henry (smoking his pipe) and his son Jack (stood on the running-board), taken around 1913 in Arden, Manitoba, Canada. Other people in the photo have not been identified. The photo was originally published in a book of the history and early pioneers of the Plumas district of Manitoba. 
 
442
SNOOK, Frederick Henry (1916-1976)
SNOOK, Frederick Henry (1916-1976)
 
 
443
Speke Hall, Liverpool.
Speke Hall, Liverpool.
The tenancy of Speke Hall was acquired by the Shipping-line owner, Frederick Richards Leyland in 1867. 
 
444
SPENDLOVE, Dennis and wife Winifred (nee HAYTER)
SPENDLOVE, Dennis and wife Winifred (nee HAYTER)
 
 
445
SS Cephanolia
SS Cephanolia
In service between Liverpool and Boston between 1882 and 1899, this ship transported thousands of people to a new life in the United States of America. During my research into some of those families, this ship's name came up so many times, justifying it's addition to their story.  
 
446
SS Minnedosa
SS Minnedosa
SS Minnedosa was a 15,000 ton steam ocean liner built in Glasgow on the River Clyde for the Canadian Pacific Shipping Line by Barclay Curle in 1918. She was used on the Liverpool to St John, New Brunswick run and called at all the major transatlantic ports. She carried numerous immigrants to Canada and the United States and for a period in the late 1920s was commanded by Captain Ronald Niel Stuart, VC and was entitled to fly the Blue Ensign as a result.

In 1935 she was sold for scrap, but was purchased by Mussolini's Italian government and refitted as a troopship named "Piemonte". She was employed throughout the Second World War, which she survived, only to be scrapped in Italy in 1949. 
 
447
St Barnabas Church, Oxford
St Barnabas Church, Oxford
These two watercolour paintings by Valerie Petts, are of St Barnabas Church, situated in Jericho, Oxford. It is here that Michael Broadway was the Organist for over 50 years.

These pictures are displayed by kind permission of, and with grateful thanks to, Valerie Petts, the artist. 
 
448
St Benet Fink Church, Threadneedle Street, London (c.1813)
St Benet Fink Church, Threadneedle Street, London (c.1813)
 
 
449
St Cuthbert's Church, Great Glen, Leicestershire, England
St Cuthbert's Church, Great Glen, Leicestershire, England
 
 
450
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London
An exterior sketch of the church. 
 
451
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London
This interior photograph was taken, probably around the early 1900's. I have restored this from the original, which was heavily damaged. 
 
452
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London.
St John's Church, Kensal Green, West London.
A Photograph of the exterior of the church in which, amongst others, the marriage of William Arthur Jones and Maria Stagg took place on 13 March 1910. 
 
453
St Mary Parish Church, Rotherhithe, Kent
St Mary Parish Church, Rotherhithe, Kent
The present parish church, replacing a 12th century building, was completed in 1716. Designed by John James, an associate of Sir Christopher Wren, it has a homely grandeur with deep roots in the maritime history of Britain. The links with the 'Mayflower', with the Pilgrim Fathers, and with Prince Lee Boo of Pelau, are particularly treasured.

The organ, built and installed by John Byfield in 1764, is a superb example of 18th century English organ building. Its tonal qualities have been retained to the present day, so that its sound is much as Handel (1685-1759) and his London contemporaries would have heard and appreciated.

Memorials inside and outside the building tell of the vision and philanthropy of former worshippers, of sacrifice, and of faith in times of suffering and adversity. 
 
454
St Paul's Cemetery, Halberry Lane, Newport, Isle of Wight
St Paul's Cemetery, Halberry Lane, Newport, Isle of Wight
 
 
455
STAGG, John Henry (1873-1915)
STAGG, John Henry (1873-1915)
 
 
456
STAGG, John Henry (Jack) and Beatrice (nee LEWCOCK), 1899
STAGG, John Henry (Jack) and Beatrice (nee LEWCOCK), 1899
This photo is created from the merge of 2 separate photos. They were taken at the time of Jack and Beatrice's marriage. 
 
457
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
458
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
459
STEER, Ebenezer Clement and his wife THORPE, Harriet Emily
STEER, Ebenezer Clement and his wife THORPE, Harriet Emily
 
 
460
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
461
STEER, Joseph and his wife PASCOE, Susan
STEER, Joseph and his wife PASCOE, Susan
This photo was taken around 1891 in West Ham, London, following Joseph's retirement as a lighthouse keeper. 
 
462
STOKES (née KENDALL), Ethel
STOKES (née KENDALL), Ethel
 
 
463
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
464
STOKES, Arthur Alexander
STOKES, Arthur Alexander
This picture taken with Arthur in his military uniform, was probably taken around the beginning of World War 1. 
 
465
STOKES, Claud Percival 1888-1936
STOKES, Claud Percival 1888-1936
 
 
466
STOKES, Harold Henry and Ethel (née KENDALL)
STOKES, Harold Henry and Ethel (née KENDALL)
Ethel can be seen fishing in this photo 
 
467
STOKES, Harold Henry and wife, Ethel May KENDALL
STOKES, Harold Henry and wife, Ethel May KENDALL
 
 
468
STOKES, Harriet Grace with spouse George ORAM and their family.
STOKES, Harriet Grace with spouse George ORAM and their family.
This photograph was taken in 1929 in Eungai, New South Wales, Australia. 
 
469
STOKES, Hilda
STOKES, Hilda
 
 
470
STOKES, James John and his second wife, Mary Louisa WHITE
STOKES, James John and his second wife, Mary Louisa WHITE
 
 
471
STOKES, Lorna Doreen
STOKES, Lorna Doreen
 
 
472
STOKES, Lorna in Uniform
STOKES, Lorna in Uniform
 
 
473
Stonehouse Court Hotel
Stonehouse Court Hotel
Before becoming a hotel, Stonehouse Court was the home of Arthur Winterbotham and his wife Ada. 
 
474
Stonehouse Court, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England
Stonehouse Court, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England
Stonehouse Court was originally a stone manor house owned by William de Ow (or de Eu), a cousin of William the Conqueror. William Fowler was one of two local clothiers who bought Stonehouse manor in 1558. His son Daniel rebuilt it in 1602, in the fashionably flattering form of a letter "E" for Elizabeth. A large stone in the garden is alleged to mark the burial location of Oliver Cromwell's horse. The Court was altered by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1906 and further rebuilding and internal alteration followed a fire in May 1908. It was sold for business purposes in 1974 and is now used as a hotel.

For a detailed report of the fire, see this excellent article produced by the Stonehouse History Group. 
 
475
STRANGE, Isabel Joan (1915-2001)
STRANGE, Isabel Joan (1915-2001)
 
 
476
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
477
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
478
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
479
Tamworth General Cemetery, New South Wales, Australia
Tamworth General Cemetery, New South Wales, Australia
 
 
480
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
481
TEAGLE, Mary (c.1831-1908)
TEAGLE, Mary (c.1831-1908)
 
 
482
Tetbury, c.1907
Tetbury, c.1907
I acquired this postally used postcard at auction. It is a view of Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Taken from the Cottage Hospital area, it is a view of Fox Hill (the main road into Tetbury from Malmesbury). On the left can be seen the spire of St Mary's Church. The postcard is date stamped 1907. 
 
483
The 'Sign of the Angel' Public House/Inn, Lacock, Wiltshire
The 'Sign of the Angel' Public House/Inn, Lacock, Wiltshire
The village of Lacock, Wiltshire, lies just to the south of the Cotswolds. Originally a centre of the medieval wool trade and part of the estate of Lacock Abbey, the whole village is now owned by the National Trust. Here, there are no television aerials, no yellow lines, and no overhead cables. Lacock Abbey was founded in 1232 and converted into a Country House around 1540. It was once the home of William Henry Fox Talbot (1800-1877), inventor of the negative/positive photographic process whose descendants gave the Abbey and the village to The National Trust. The Abbey is now home to the Fox Talbot photographic museum.

The name "Sign of the Angel", derives from a coin. The coin was first minted in 1461 under the reign of Edward IV. It's value was 6 shillings and eight pence. By 1547 its value had reached ten shillings, as a result of the extravagant spending habits of Henry VIII and an early example of inflation. It remained a ten shilling gold coin until production ceased in 1643 during the reign of Charles I.

The Angel was probably purpose built as an inn during the 15th Century, however, the first documentary evidence appears on the 1764 estate map... "an house, the Angel and its appurtenances 39 perches". The tenant, Martha Bromham, also leased a close and willow bed of 1 acre 4 perches.

The Angel also appears in the Alehouse registers for 1822-1827. By 1843 it is described as "Angel public house, stable yard and gardens".

By 1871, however the Angel appears to have been divided into two properties and by the 1881 census there are three households living in the Angel. In 1916, the present kitchens were built, at which time the building was a simple private house; then in 1953 Mr and Mrs Levis took the Angel and it once more became an inn.

 
 
484
The Battleship HMS Hood
The Battleship HMS Hood
HMS Hood, the 'Mighty Hood' as she was popularly known in the Royal Navy, was the largest warship in the world on commissioning in 1920 and a symbol of imperial strength throughout the inter-war years. Her sinking in one of the most famous naval engagements in history, against the German battleship Bismarck, has etched itself on Britain's popular memory.

On 19 May 1941 HMS Hood sailed with the brand new battleship Prince of Wales to intercept the German battleship Bismarck that was attempting to break out into the North Atlantic. Bismarck and her compatriot, the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen, were shadowed on radar by the Norfolk and Suffolk which reported their position to Admiral Holland in Hood. In the Denmark Strait on the morning of 24 May Holland ordered his ships to close the range and shortly before 0600 both sides opened fire. The Bismarck's fifth salvo hit the Hood amidships penetrating the secondary armament magazine. The detonation spread to the main magazine resulting in a catastrophic explosion which tore the ship in half. Only three of her 1418 crew survived.

The loss of the navy's flagship in such dramatic circumstances and the appalling loss of life were greeted with profound shock in Britain. Prime Minister Winston Churchill famously signalled to the fleet 'The Bismarck must be sunk at all costs.' Crippled by Fleet Air Arm aircraft, Bismarck was engaged by the battleships King George V and Rodney on the morning of 27 May before being sunk with torpedoes. The destruction of the Mighty Hood had been avenged after one of the most dramatic chases in naval history.

Ack: Paraphrased from an article from the Royal Navy  
 
485
The Bricknell Boys in Australia
The Bricknell Boys in Australia
(L to R: Frank; Arthur; John (father); George; Fred 
 
486
The Brig 'Amelia' in 1850
The Brig 'Amelia' in 1850
This is a picture of the Brig 'Amelia' on which William Furneaux was learning his trade and was an apprentice on the night of Sunday 7 April 1861 (the 1861 UK census). The picture is dated 17 February 1850.  
 
487
The family of James Arthur COX
The family of James Arthur COX
The following comments provided by James Cox, Ontario, Canada.

The children's mother "Minnie Elizabeth Williams" is most likely the woman on the right. The woman on the left looks like her younger sister "Caroline Williams" Their uniforms look like Red Cross, St John's Ambulance or military.

The following was written on the back of the picture:

"This is taken after 3 years of neglect. I kidnapped them out of school the day after I arrived in England"
"Jimmy, Olive, Cyril taken 6 months ago when I took them away".
 
 
488
The German Battleship 'Bismarck'
The German Battleship 'Bismarck'
In 1939, the German navy launched the 823-foot battleship Bismarck at Hamburg, the largest warship commissioned at the time.

Adolf Hitler hoped that the state of the art Bismarck would herald the rebirth of the German surface battle fleet. However, after the outbreak of war, Britain closely guarded ocean routes from Germany to the Atlantic Ocean, and only U-boats moved freely through the war zone.

In May 1941, the order was given for the Bismarck to break out into the Atlantic. Once in the safety of the open ocean, the battleship would be almost impossible to track down; all the while wreaking havoc on Allied convoys to Britain. Learning of its movement, Britain sent almost the entire British home fleet in pursuit.

On May 24, the British battle cruiser Hood and battleship Prince of Wales intercepted it near Iceland. In a ferocious battle, the Hood exploded and sank, and all but three of the crewmen were killed.

The Bismarck escaped, but because it was leaking fuel, it fled for occupied France. On May 26, it was sighted and crippled by British aircraft, and on May 27, three British warships descended on the Bismarck and finished it off. The German death toll was over 2,000. 
 
489
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld. You must register/log in to see this item.
 
 
490
The Mitre, Witheridge
The Mitre, Witheridge
Built by the Benson family in 1840 with the intention of catching the passing trade brought about by the opening of the new Turnpike Road, Aston House, later to be renamed The Mitre, was on the site previously occupied by Hodge's Tenement demolished to make way for the new building. Unfortunately, with the rebuilding of the Angel Hotel following a fire in 1830, no advantage accrued to the new business as the Angel had been in the perfect position to take advantage of any increased traffic, and they had cornered the market.

A major fire having destroyed the vicarage, the Benson Family decided to make use the Mitre as a replacement vicarage, and it was to continue in this role for the next 40 years until the construction of the new vicarage in the 1880s. After the family moved out, the Mitre, still owned by Rev. J.P. Benson, became Mitre Farm and operated as a Dairy for some years, and it was certainly a dairy in 1894, when Charles Frost was the Dairyman.

Mrs Burgess recalls that her mother had two sisters, Harriet, who married Mr Amos Maire, and Kate, who married Mr Charles Partridge. Before their marriage, Charles Maire and their brother Charles, who had a clubfoot, took on the Mitre as a dairy, and the Directory of 1902 shows Mrs Harriet Maire as the Dairyman. In the Directory of 1930, it was still operating as a Dairy with Reginald Manley listed as the Dairyman.

In 1936, Miss Benson offered it to the village, together with 23 acres of land, as an endowment for a public hall. This offer after careful consideration was not accepted, but when in 1944, the family repeated the offer it was accepted and John Benson gave The Mitre Farm, consisting of a Cottage, farm buildings and 29 acres of land to trustees, Rev J A S Castlehow and Ernest Hutchings. This gift was for the expressed purpose of setting up a Charitable Trust to provide social and recreational facilities for the inhabitants of Witheridge, and its immediate neighbourhood. The trustees formed the Mitre Club, and the first committee contained representatives of many interested parties.

Later it was realised that the Mitre would not make a village hall, if only because there was no big function room. The trustees therefore sold the Mitre and all the land, with the exception of one field known as Way's Field and originally as First Lime Close. The money from the sale was invested in the name of the Witheridge Parish Hall.

Finally, in the 1970s the Mitre became a pub thereby fulfilling the role for which it had originally been built, and in the process providing a good and congenial base for local skittles, darts and pool teams. (Visit the Mitre Inn Website)
 
 
491
The National Sanitorium for Consumptive Diseases - Bournemouth, Dorset
The National Sanitorium for Consumptive Diseases - Bournemouth, Dorset
The Sanitorium was built in 1855 at Bournemouth because of the healthy atmosphere of the region. It was a prominent centre for the treatment of Tuberculosis. George Nelson was a patient there at the time of the 1901 UK Census. 
 
492
The Next of Kin Memorial Plaque awarded to the family of Walter David Monger for service during WW1.
The Next of Kin Memorial Plaque awarded to the family of Walter David Monger for service during WW1.
This plaque, often known as 'The Death Plaque', 'The Widow's Penny' or 'The Death Penny' takes the form of a bronze medallion, 121mm (about 5 inches) in diameter. 1,355,000 plaques were issued to the next-of-kin of the deceased. Altogether, a total of 450 tonnes of bronze was used in their casting. They continued to be issued into the 1930s to commemorate people who died as a consequence of the war. 
 
493
The Sinking of HMS Aboukir: 22 September 1914
The Sinking of HMS Aboukir: 22 September 1914
This German postcard commemorates the sinking of 3 ships of the Royal Navy by the German Submarine, U-9. On the left is HMS Aboukir on which Robert Tritton was serving. On the right is HMS Hogue. HMS Cressy was also torpedoed and sunk. The inset photograph (top left) is of Lieutenant Otto Weddigen, Commander of the U-Boat.

All three ships were taken by complete surprise as they weren't expecting submarines in that area at that time. The entire battle had lasted less than two hours, and cost the British three warships, 62 officers and 1,397 ratings. This incident established the U-boat as a major weapon in the conduct of naval warfare. 
 
494
THEOPHILUS, Albert Evan (1911-1991)
THEOPHILUS, Albert Evan (1911-1991)
 
 
495
THEOPHILUS, Elisha (1854-1923)
THEOPHILUS, Elisha (1854-1923)
 
 
496
This building was the premises of the Cox Brothers (Edward and George) who ran their Seed Merchants business from here for nearly 40 years.
This building was the premises of the Cox Brothers (Edward and George) who ran their Seed Merchants business from here for nearly 40 years.
The building still stands but it now appears to have been converted into "Chocolateria San Churro" (a churros café).
To see the building as it looked when the Cox's were there, click here 
 
497
This is a photo of the cottage in Luckington that Arthur and Nora shared
This is a photo of the cottage in Luckington that Arthur and Nora shared
 
 
498
THOMAS, Julie and MILLSON, Anita (née NOWELL, Sisters)
THOMAS, Julie and MILLSON, Anita (née NOWELL, Sisters)
Photo taken 21 September 2013 
 
499
THORBURN [Chapman], Christina and family. Four generations.
THORBURN [Chapman], Christina and family. Four generations.
From left to right, Christina Chapman (nee Thorburn; Frederick Chapman, (son); Elizabeth Thorburn (nee Witham),(mother); baby Lesley Chapman (grandaughter). As baby Lesley was born in 1930, this photograph was probably taken not long after that.  
 
500
THORBURN [Chapman], Christina with Lesley Chapman
THORBURN [Chapman], Christina with Lesley Chapman
This photograph, probably taken around 1933, is of Christina Chapman (known affectionately as 'Little Nan', due to her severe curvature of the spine) with her grand-daughter, Lesley Chapman, at the beach. 
 

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»